Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fun with the FAFSA

It's the first of January, the beginning of a new year. What does this mean for me? The fafsa is due. I got to spend a couple hours of my life messing with the government.

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound. The only thing that really sucked was that the website didn't recognize the numbers on my touchscreen (I do everything with a tablet by the way) so I had to go find an actual computer to do it on. Oh, and registering for a pin number. That sucked because my computer is too touchy, and it would hit back instead of what I wanted it to hit. That was also extremely annoying.

Once I got all the bugs worked out it was fairly easy. I just had to ask my parents a few questions about how much school they'd completed, how much money they made, things like that. Once it was all done, the program said I was eligible for about $5000 in Pell grants and another $5000 in loans. That's the maximum (yay for being poor!) Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for the other $50,000 a year it's going to cost to go to an Ivy League school. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Today was day 1 on my dads diet. Apparently he doesn't care about breakfast and lunch, but he is all over what we have for dinner. Today was a pot roast with cooked vegetables. It was good, except I don't like cooked brocolli or cauliflower, and I don't like carrots in general. The meat was good, and once the vegetables had some dressing to them I could at least bear the taste. Not that my dad's cooking is bad. On the contrary, he is an excellent cook. I just can't stand the vegetables.

Have fun tonight, and get ready for a ramble about my work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment