Monday, January 3, 2011

School, bleh

Okay, a rant about school. Let's see, my average school day goes as follows:

I start my day at the ungodly hour of 5:30. Yes, that's a.m. I stumble half blind down the hallway and into the kitchen. The light over the stove is turned on (any other light is too bright at this hour) and I somehow manage to muster the strength to turn on the coffee pot. I shuffle back down the hall and into the bathroom, inevitably tripping over the cat or a dog along the way. I go to the bathroom, and at some point while I start to fall asleep again on the toilet realize I need to take a shower. My robe comes of and the water comes on. I take a shower, preferably scalding, which combined with the blast of chilly air as I step back out of the shower is plenty shock enough to wake me up. My shower now done, it is a race to become warm again. The coffee should be done, so I walk quickly to get to the kitchen and fill my hands with a warm cup of Captain Coffee.

As I sip my coffee and eat my delicious fiber bar, I catch up on the news from yesterday by watching the PBS Newshour. Really, it's homework, but it fits into my schedule pretty well. I am perfectly content to sit snuggled up in a blanket, a dog wrapped around my feet, and watch the news. Possibly there's a cat in my lap. It depends on what kind of mood the cat's in.

Alright, news is done, it's time to actually get ready for school. I go get dressed, do my make up, and if I have time I do my hair. If not then I throw my hair gel into my purse. I keep a can of hair spray at school for just those occasions.

My brothers up by now, but I don't really like him, so I just ignore him. A final check to make sure everything's in order, and I gather up my stuff and I'm out the door. From waking up to out the door takes about one hour and 35 minutes.

Now I'm off to school. I catch the bus and prepare myself for the required social interaction I must do. I don't really have any friends at school, so I see the interactions outside of class between myself and the students there as basically unnecessary. There are few students outside of class that are intellectually stimulating enough to warrant more contact than a smile or simple hello. Maybe a hug every once in a while.

First period I have . . . nothing. I don't actually have a class first period. I decided to have an open period first period so that I can come to school late if I need to. Like if I feel sick, or I had to work late the night before. When I do come to first period, I usually sit and do homework, or read.

The bell rings and it's off to second period, which is Advanced Placement ( AP) Calculus BC. My teacher in that class is Mrs. Hayter, pronounced like hater, as in I hate that person. But not Mrs. Hayter. She is really cool. My Calc class is pretty cool too. There is only 10 people in the whole class. Well, technically there's 11, but Christian never shows up, so he doesn't count. We are one of the smallest classes in the whole school, but we're also one of the tightest knit. We've all been in the same math classes together since I moved here my Sophomore year, and I'm a senior now. Calc is hard, but we're all there to help each other understand and support each other.

Alright, to to my next class. I took this class because I needed a class 3rd period, but it has ended up being my favorite class. What is it? 3D Animation. The teacher, Mrs. Wendlandt, is one of the coolest teachers I have. But the reason I really like this class is because I am allowed, even encouraged, to be obsessive. I need that kind of outlet, especially since I can't do choir this year.

Okay, I promise I'll do the rest of my day tomorrow, but I'm all blogged out for today.
Make sure to have fun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment