Sunday, January 2, 2011

Work . . .yay?

Where does a future world changer work? No it's not in some cool government building or a state-of-the-art laboratory (that's for the future.) No, at this moment I work as a cashier at the local MickkyD's. That's right, I work at McDonald's. And between you and me, I'm lucky I have a job. My mom is in the wrong business to have connections to give me a job, and the other business she runs won't let me work there until I'm 18. So I feel darn lucky that I was able to get a job. Nobody wants to hire a 17 year old teenager with no previous job experience. I spent all summer searching, but it was my mom that told me about the job fair that McDonald's was having. Is I guess it's really thanks to her that I've got this job. Thanks mom!

Working at McDonald's is okay. At least I don't have to deal with the people who get upset. Those people I hand straight over to the manger. But I try really hard not to make people mad at me. I don't get angry customers very often.

Since today's Sunday, I got to work morning. It's the one day of the week I can work at any time all day, and the one day of the week that I'm guaranteed to be scheduled, usually in the morning. It's when all the old people come out to play. It's kind of funny because they almost always orders exactly the same thing. Take Ron, for example. First time he comes up it's always fresh scrambled eggs, a sausage, and a large coke. The other two time vary, but usually it's some type of sandwich and a desert. The people that come often tend to be really nice, though. I like them.

I know I promised a rant, but it's late, and I have school tomorrow. Sorry. I'm sure I'll have one for you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment